At NetherBox, we're proud to be releasing a brand new feature exclusive to our control panel. In this article, we'll provide step by step detailed instructions on how to use your own custom .jar file rather than the one we provide by default.
This is a very simple process, and can be completed in a few steps without need of any external programs. All of this can be handled all through our control panel.
1. You will need to find a custom .jar you want to use. At the moment, we ship all servers by default using the Spigot software. Many clients prefer to use a different .jar for multiple reasons.
Important: The custom .jar you find must be a Java 8 compatible .jar.
2. After you have downloaded the .jar file you'd like to use, you must rename the file to the following: custom.jar
3. With the file properly named, go to the server page in your control panel and stop your server using the "Stop" button. When the server is properly stopped, under the "JAR File" dropdown option, select "Custom JAR".
4. With this option selected, log into the FTP portion of the server under Files -> FTP File Access. The password to log into FTP is the same password you use to log into Multicraft. When you have logged into FTP, you will need to click the "Upload" button on the left hand side of the page.
5. On the upload page, using the "Choose File" button all the way to the left most side, find and select the custom.jar file from step 2.
6. When this file is uploaded, you can return to the main page of your server control panel. With this file in place, click the "Start" button on the panel page, and your server should boot right up using the custom.jar file you uploaded. In 6 steps, you're all done and running a custom .jar of your choice with NetherBox.
If you have any questions or face any issues/difficulties throughout the process, please contact our support team by clicking here and we will be able to assist you in getting your custom .jar uploaded and running on the server.
NOTE: You must purchase the "Extended Support" package in addition to your server for our customer support team to be able to assist with this issue. This is a small monthly fee, and can be cancelled.